Meet the modern, sustainable cooler—built to last years, not millennia. Nutshell is a cooler on a mission: to fit seamlessly into adventures and apartments, to replace plastic foam with natural fibers, and to connect people with the farmers and materials at the heart of their products.
The Nutshell Cooler is the first chance for consumers to experience coconut insulation, a breakthrough material developed by Fortuna Cools together with engineers and coconut farmers in the Philippines. The insulation fits together in an origami-inspired structure that’s convenient and robust—conceived by the industrial design team at Box Clever behind other category-defining products like Caraway cookware and Away luggage. The result is a uniquely sustainable and iconic cooler that meets the enormous market demand for planet-positive, fashion-forward outdoor gear.
In actual use and controlled tests, the Nutshell Cooler’s coconut insulation keeps ice frozen as long as the Yeti Hopper Two, and 10%-40% longer than the Coleman Excursion, the REI Pack-Away, and Expanded Polystyrene ice chests.
● Folds flat for easy storage
● 19L volume (suitable for 18 cans and 14lbs of ice)
● 8lbs empty
● 100% recycled polyester shell and liner
● Shoulder strap and ergonomic side handles
● One-year warranty, designed for a lifetime of use
● MSRP $219, launching on Kickstarter at $149 for the first 200 backers Purpose-built for weekend getaways, beach trips, and grocery runs, the Nutshell Cooler has a small footprint and light