9 oz packet medium egg noodles
2 tbsp sunflower oil
9 1/2 oz cooked chicken breasts, shredded
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
3 1/2 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
6 scallions, sliced
1 cup beansprouts
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
You can make the chow mein with selection of vegetables for a vegetarian dish, if you prefer.
- Place the egg noodles inn a large bowl or dish and break them up slightly. Pour enough boiling water over to cover the noodles and leave to stand.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large preheated wok. Add the shredded chicken, finely chopped garlic, bell pepper slices, mushrooms, scallions and beansprouts to the wok and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
- Drain the noddles thoroughly. Add the noodles to the wok, toss well and stir-fry for further 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the soy sauce and sesame oil over the chow mein and toss until well combined.
- Transfer the chicken chow mein to warm serving bowls and serve immediately.