2 pounds freshly ground bison meat
3 teaspoons Ted’s Special Spice Mixture (see below)
4 cornmeal-dusted Kaiser rolls, split
8 slices American cheese
4 leaves iceberg lettuce
4 slices vine-ripened tomato
Ted’s Special Spice Mixture
Makes 2 tablespoons
1 ½ teaspoons coarse salt
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon onion salt
1 ½ teaspoons garlic salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Mix together all ingredients. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Preheat your griddle on medium heat.
- Make hamburger patties with ground bison meat. Season with ¼ tsp spice mixture and put on griddle. Cover and cook on medium heat for 6 minutes.
- Turn sides and again season with spice mixture. Cover and again cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Place cheese slices on each and cook for few more minutes,
- Grease rolls with butter and cut side down.
- Serve with lettuce and tomato slices.