- 1-1/2 tablespoons granulated yeast (about 1-1/2 packets)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 6-1/2 cups unbleached flour, plus extra for dusting dough
- Take a plastic resealable container and mix yeast and salt in 3 cups lukewarm water. Stir in flour and mix well. Don’t knead and have dough wet and loose enough to be shaped in desired form. Cover with cotton cloth. Set aside dough for 2 to 5 hours.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on pizza peel. Put broiler pan on oven’s bottom rack.
- Put baking stone on middle rack and preheat oven at 450 F. Preheat baking stone for 20 minutes minimum.
- Pull dough up and cut off a piece of around 1 pound. Keep your hands covered with dry flour. Gently rotate off and flatten the piece with hands, creating rounded top and bunched bottom.
- Now put it on prepared pizza peel and set aside for 40 minutes. Repeat it with the remaining dough. Sprinkle flour over.
- Cut top of dough in 3 parallel with a serrated knife and make ¼ inch cuts. Put dough onto baking stone. Pour a cup hot water into broiler pan and close oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.