1 loaf Italian bread or 1 loaf French bread or 2 large hoagie rolls or 2 large sub rolls
1⁄2 lb deli roast beef (very rare, sliced wafer thin, or you can use a frozen Rib-Eye roast shaved on an electric slicer, wh)
1 white onion (thinly sliced)
1 green bell pepper (thinly sliced) (optional)
2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
1⁄2 lb provolone cheese (thinly sliced)
extra virgin olive oil (for grilling)
salt and pepper
marinara sauce (optional topping) or ketchup (optional topping)
- Heat griddle or sauce pan over medium heat. Add oil.
- Sauté bell peppers and onions in it for 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic and seasoning and cook for few seconds.
- Incline the saucepan to have all batter one side while add meat to upper inclined part.
- Cook and chop meat with spoon in it for 2 minutes.
- Now mix meat with batter in the saucepan.
- Divide it into two portions and sprinkle cheese on both.
- Cut bread in half and take some of the soft white part of bread and put it down on meat and cheese.
- Once cheese is melted, flip sandwiches and add topping like marinara sauce or ketchup.