200 grams of flour
125 grams of roasted almonds – you can also buy raw blanched almonds and roast them or fry them your self but I prefer to buy them already roasted to save time
100 grams of sesame seeds
125 grams of honey
75 grams of powdered sugar
1 ½ teaspoon of anise powder
2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
a pinch of salt
¼ teaspoon of ground mastic gum
113 grams of butter (1 stick)
Secret Ingredient 1: 125 grams of roasted peanuts
Secret Ingredient 2: ½ teaspoon of cardamom powder
For browning flour:
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- Put flour in baking pan and spread evenly. Bake for 30 minutes. Keep stirring it after every five minutes to avoid smoking.
- Take it out once it turns golden brown. Break flour lumps with fork. Let it cool.
For preparing other ingredients:
- Take a skillet and roast sesame seeds on low heat for 20-30 minutes. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat once they are darkening and give nutty flavor.
- Blend roasted peanuts and almonds together in a blender, to make powder.
Mixing dry ingredients:
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Now mix all other ingredients in it i.e. flour, sugar, spices, sesame seeds and almonds & peanuts powder.