1 package active dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water (105-110 degrees F)
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups bread flour, or more as needed
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup rye flour
1/4 cup rolled oats
- Pre heat oven at 350 F.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Take a bowl and mix sunflower oil, egg, cottage cheese, honey, and salt.
- Stir in dissolved yeast and 2 cups bread flour. Beat it well to have moist mixture.
- Slowly stir in all flour, rye flour and oats, plus enough bread flour for making soft dough.
- Knead dough for 10 minutes on a floured surface and put it in greased bowl.
- Press to make it one round loaf.
- Transfer into greased pie pan with sprinkled cornmeal.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for an hour.
- Brush bread with beaten egg and put wheat germ, sunflower kernels, or oatmeal on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.