¼ cup Florida red onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh Florida parsley, chopped
3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
¾ teaspoon seafood seasoning
½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
1 pound Florida lump blue crabmeat, drained, shell pieces removed
1 ½ cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), divided
2 tablespoons olive oil
¾ cup fat-free chicken broth
3 tablespoons Florida shallots, chopped
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 ½ tablespoons butter
- Take a bowl and mix first 7 ingredients.
- Slow add in crab meat and ¾ cup panko crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Make patties out of this mixture.
- Roll patties in remaining panko crumbs.
- Take a skillet and heat oil on medium heat. Cook crab cakes for 7 minutes.
- For making sauce, take a saucepan and boil broth with shallots and vinegar on medial heat. Cook till you get ¼ cup of mixture.
- Serve with crab cakes.