2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small red onion, finely diced
3 (4-ounce) cans diced green chiles
1/4 cup crumbled bacon
1 cup tomato puree
1 tablespoon salt-free Mexican seasoning
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 cup low-sodium beef stock
1 scallion, sliced
1. Take a skillet and heat olive oil on high heat.
2. Season stew meat and put it in 4 quarts cooker. Add bacon, green chilies and onions.
3. Now add seared stew meat.
4. Take a bowl and mix tomato puree, Mexican seasoning, chili powder, salt and pepper and beef stock.
5. Pour it in beef stock.
6. Now pour it in slow cooker.
7. Cook in covered cooker for 4 to 6 minutes at High setting.
8. Garnish with scallion.
Sounds great, a little hot for me though! I would have to watch out for the chilli hot peppers