4 pounds boneless chuck roast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 (6-ounce) cans tomato paste
1 (32-ounce) container beef broth
2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
2 teaspoons granulated garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
Cornbread sticks (optional)
Toppings: crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped onion
- Bake meat, batches, in Dutch oven on medium heat, for 30 minutes.
- Remove meat from oven, and reserve drippings in Dutch oven.
- Add chili powder and tomato paste into Dutch oven and cook for 7 minutes.
- Now put the beef back into oven. Add broth and next 9 ingredients.
- Boil and then reduce heat. Simmer on low heat, uncovered, for 1 ½ hours.
- Serve with cornbread sticks.