REDWOOD CITY, Calif., June 2, 2016 – Wynd Technologies, Inc., a startup that helps people breathe healthier air, today announces the launch of Wynd, a personal air quality tracker and purifier. Wynd is available internationally starting June 2nd on Kickstarter for the introductory price of $139. Wynd monitors the air in your personal space and cleans it as needed.
The team at Wynd is committed to improving air quality for everyone. According to the CDC, air pollution and airborne allergens will likely increase across the globe—which will worsen allergy, asthma conditions and respiratory illnesses over the coming years. Wynd’s team of scientists, engineers, and designers (including industrial designer Mike Nuttall, cofounder of IDEO), have developed a device that purifies the air in your personal space, by filtering out particles including allergens, bacteria, mold spores, and particulate matter from traffic and industrial pollution.
The complete Wynd system includes the Air Quality Tracker (also sold separately), the world’s smallest mobile air quality sensor that monitors for particulates and displays measurements in real time. It can actually detach from the purifier and be used independently, so that users can clip it to backpack straps, baby cribs, keychains—anywhere they want to monitor for particulate pollution. Wynd’s air quality tracker and purifier can connect together to engage Auto mode, which automatically changes the purification level based on the current air quality. Wynd connects to iOS devices via Bluetooth, and the accompanying iOS app provides vibrant, detailed information about your air quality and how much air pollution you’ve filtered.
“We set out to create a product that enables a healthy and comfortable air environment wherever life takes you,” said Raymond Wu, CEO and cofounder of Wynd. “Wynd is committed to improving the air quality problem which many people around the world encounter on a daily basis, whether from allergens or industrial pollution.”
Wynd features include:
- Portability – Easy to grab and carry around in a handbag, briefcase, messenger bag, or backpack, which is ideal for travelers or anyone on the go. You can also use Wynd on a flat surface such as a desk or bedstand.
- Proprietary airflow design – Wynd’s airflow path was inspired by rocket turbine engineering to maximize purification power while minimizing noise.
- Medical-grade filter – The filter captures unhealthy particles in the air and kills bacteria and microbes.
- World’s smallest particulate sensor on the market – The Air Quality Tracker detaches from the Wynd Purifier and allows for full mobility. The tracker can clip on your belt, clothing, or bag to continuously monitor the air quality around you. You can use the tracker to monitor spaces such as bedrooms, kitchens, hotel rooms, offices, car interiors, and more.
- Auto mode – Automatic adjustment of air-cleaning power based on sensor air quality measurements.
- Connected device – Our iOS app syncs with Wynd via Bluetooth to provide deeper insights into air quality data and trends, including your air quality over time, how much pollution you’ve filtered, the air quality outside, and the ability to keep tabs on your friends and loved ones’ air quality.
- Replacements – Wynd knows how used up your filter is and alerts you when it’s time for a new one. You can subscribe to have filters automatically sent to your door when it’s time for a refill, or you can easily order one through the app.
- Accessories – The Wynd Kickstand enables you to prop Wynd up on tables, desks, and bedstands and funnel clean air towards you. The Wynd Stroller Holder helps you set Wynd up in a baby stroller to provide a bubble of clean air for your child.
“Living in environments free from pollutants and allergens is crucial to our overall health and well-being. Wynd’s smart and portable purifier is a groundbreaking advancement that will help people breathe healthier air wherever they are,” said Alan Cohen, MD Pediatric Pulmonologist and Adjunct Clinical Faculty, Stanford University School of Medicine.
For more information and to purchase Wynd on Kickstarter until July 12th, please visit our Kickstarter page at http://www.hellowynd.com/kickstarter. The Air Quality Tracker will be available for separate purchase for $69.
Wynd Technologies, Inc. is based in Redwood City, California and was founded by Ray Wu. As an avid traveler, Ray was concerned about air pollution and air quality issues, especially when visiting relatives in Beijing. Ray and the Wynd team wanted to create products that help people breathe healthier air wherever they go, so they launched Wynd in 2014. For more information, visit http://hellowynd.com/.