3 cups plus 2 tablespoons cake flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 C sugar
½ C vegetable oil
1 C yogurt (plain, vanilla, or blueberry)
1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
Muffin baking cups or shortening to grease the muffin tin
1. Preheat oven to 380°. Place muffin baking cups into muffin tin, or grease the tin.
2. Mix the first four ingredients together well (cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) in a large bowl.
3. In another large bowl, mix the oil, egg, and yogurt. Then mix in the sugar.
4. Take the dry ingredients and gently mix in the bowl with the oil, egg, yogurt, and sugar.
5. Gently fold in the blueberries. Scoop carefully into the muffin cups.
6. Put muffin tin into the oven and turn it up to 400°. Bake for 10 minutes; then rotate. Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Remove muffins from the tin, and allow to cool.
Photography: Colleen Sims