1 (2 1/2-pounds) fryer chicken, cut into 10 pieces
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 quart buttermilk
2 tablespoons hot sauce
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Peanut oil, for frying
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon cayenne
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
- Grease casserole dish and put in seasoned chicken.
- Take a bowl and mix buttermilk, hot sauce and cayenne. Pour it over chicken and cover it with plastic wrap. Marinate it in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven at 350 F.
- Take a paper bag and put in flour, cayenne, garlic powder, paprika, and salt and pepper.
- Remove excess butter milk mixture and put chicken into bake and shake to coat.
- Fry chicken into oil in a deep skillet for 8 – 10 minutes. Season and serve.