9 oz thin glass noodles
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 onion, sliced
2 red chilies, seeded and very finely chopped
4 lime leaves, thinly shredded
1 tbsp fresh cilantro
2 tbsp palm sugar or superfine sugar
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 lb raw jumbo shrimp, peeled
1) place the noodles in a large bowl. Pour enough boiling water over to cover the noodles and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Drain thoroughly and set aside until required.
2) Heat sunflower oil in a large heated wok or skillet until it is really hot.
3) Add the onion, red chilies, and lime leaves to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute.
4) Add the cilantro, palm or superfine sugar, fish sauce, and shrimp. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink.
5) Add the drained noodles to the wok. toss to mix well. and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
6) Transfer the noodles and shrimp to warm serving bowls and serve immediately.