I’ve liked beef stroganoff since I was a kid. Sometimes I crave it, but don’t have any beef, and don’t feel like going out to get some. Sometimes, I’m just not really in the mood for beef. Either way, I decided to try making it with chicken, and was pleasantly surprised with the results!
2 tbsp. cooking oil
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
1/4 C flour
½ small onion, chopped
1 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
2/3 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 – 1/2 tsps. chicken bouillon
1 package dried noodles
1. Start water to boil in a sauce pan.
2. Heat oil in a skillet on medium
3. Coat chicken pieces with the flour (I like to put them in a plastic bag and shake the pieces)
4. Add the chicken pieces, onion, and garlic to the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. When the water starts to boil, add the noodles and turn to medium heat.
6. Add the mushrooms to the skillet, and cook until the chicken is completely cooked through, about 10 minutes (depending on the size of the pieces). Add the sour cream, and mix. Sprinkle with the pepper and bouillon. Cook about 5 minutes longer, stirring frequently.
7. When noodles are done, drain in a colander.
8. Serve chicken mixture over noodles.