1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons maraschino cherry liquid
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
3 to 4 drops red food coloring
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
about 48 milk chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Combine powdered sugar, butter, cherry liquid, extract, and food coloring in a bowl. Mix well.
3. Add flour and salt. Mix well.
4. Stir in the cherries.
5. Shape dough into 1″ balls.
6. Place 2″ apart on ungreased sheets.
7. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until you can see that the lower edge is a light golden brown.
8. Quickly press a candy kiss into the top each cookie.