6 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 5 to 6 medium)
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon salt
Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Preheat your oven at 450 F.
- Take a saucepan and mix apples, lemon juice and water in it. Cook on medium heat.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Take a bowl and mix flour, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt. Now add apples and mix well.
- Take pie plate and set bottom pastry with apple mixture on top. Seal the edges and make few slits on crust with knife.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes. Then reduce it to 350 F and bake for 35-45 minutes.
- It’s enough for 6-8 adults.