1 (8 ounce) package rice vermicelli
8 ounces cooked, peeled shrimp, cut in half lengthwise
8 rice wrappers (6.5 inch diameter)
1 carrot, julienned
Carrots Peeled Baby
1 cup shredded lettuce
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
water as needed
- Take a sauce pan and boil water on high heat. Then remove water from heat and put rice vermicelli in boiling water. Let rice soak water for 5 minutes. Once they are soft, drain them and rinse with fresh cold water.
- Take a bowl of hot water. Dip one rice wrapper in it for a minute to soften.
- Lay the wrapper flat in serving plate and put noodles, shrimp, basil, lettuce and carrot in center. Roll the edges of wrapper inward. From the bottom edge of wrapper, wrap the ingredients tights. Do the same with remaining wrappers.
- Take a bowl and mix water and hoisin sauce. Now heat this mixture in microwave for few seconds.
- Serve rolls with this warm dipping sauce.