1 (3/8 ounce) package dry yeast
1⁄4 cup warm water
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 1⁄2 cups milk
1⁄4 cup oil or 1⁄4 cup butter
4 1⁄2 cups flour
1 medium onion, chopped
2 lbs ground beef
1 garlic clove, minced
- Heat oven at 350 F.
- Take a bowl of water and dissolve yeast. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Take a bowl and mix flour with sugar and salt. Add milk, egg, oil and yeast. Mix well to make soft dough. Knead for 10 minutes and set aside for an hour for a rise.
- Sauté onion and garlic in a pan to make them brown. Take another pan and brown ground beef. Add seasoning, onion and garlic. Cool this mixture and remove fats, if any.
- Make golf size balls of dough. Flatten with riddle to around 1/8 inch thickness. Put 2 tbsp dressing in center and tie opposite edges of flattened ball together. Pinch carefully to seal. Brush edges with egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes until piroshkis turn brown. You can also deep fry them if you want.
Note: If you want slightly cheesy taste, you can add 1 cup cheese sauce powder in filling. However, don’t include salt then.