6 pounds pork spareribs
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/4 cup salt
2 1/2 tablespoons ground black pepper
3 tablespoons sweet paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
2 tablespoons garlic powder
5 tablespoons pan drippings
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 cups ketchup
3 cups hot water
4 tablespoons brown sugar
cayenne pepper to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup wood chips, soaked
- Clean and trim ribs.
- Take a bowl and mix in sugar, 1/4 cup salt, ground black pepper, paprika, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and garlic powder.
- Coat ribs well in this mixture.
- Put ribs on roasting pans. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours minimum.
- Preheat oven at 275 F.
- Bake ribs for 3 to 4 hours.
- Take 5 tbsp of dipping from the roasting pans bottom, and cook it in skillet on medium heat.
- Stir in onion and ketchup and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now add water, and seasoning i.e. salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Simmer covered for 1 hour.
- Pre heat grill on medium heat.
- Add soaked wood chips into the coal.
- Great grill grate.
- Put ribs on grill racks and cook for 20 minutes, turning frequently.
- Baste ribs with sauce when it’s almost 20 minutes of cooking.