1 lb chickpeas
4 garlic cloves
1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped (known as fresh coriander)
1 white bread roll
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper (usually white pepper)
1 teaspoon coriander seed (crushed)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
oil (for frying)
- Soak chickpeas in water for at least 3 hours.
- Take a skillet and cook chickpeas with minced garlic, onion and fresh cilantro.
- Now soak broken up bread roll in water. Then break them up finely.
- Add flour to bread and mix.
- Add it into first mixture. Stir in salt, pepper, coriander seeds and set aside for 15 minutes. Add baking powder and mix well.
- Shape the batter into small bowls and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Take a frying pan and deep fry the balls in oil.