1 (12-ounce) 1-inch thick New York strip boneless beef top loin steak
Freshly ground black pepper
2 yellow onions, sliced in rings
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
1 recipe Mustard Mayo, recipe follows
2 mini focaccia buns, sliced in 1/2
1/2 cup baby arugula
3/4 cup good mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
2 tablespoons sour cream
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Marinate steak liberally in salt and pepper.
- Take a pan and heat 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat.
- Cook steak in oil for a minute each side.
- Now reduce heat and cook steak for 7 to 10 minutes more, turning once.
- Transfer the steak into plate and cover with foil Set aside for 10 minutes. Then make it cool and cut steak into strips.
- In the same frying pan, sauté onion in 1 ½ tbsp olive oil for 10 minutes.
- For sandwiches, place mustard mayo on each bun. Layer steak strips over, season with salt and pepper and top with sautéed onion rings.
- Place baby arugula on top and cover sandwiches with other half of bun.