3/4 pound gemelli, fusilli, or other short pasta
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 leeks (white and light green parts only), halved lengthwise then crosswise
kosher salt and black pepper
1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp (raw)
• finely grated zest of 1 lemon
3/4 cup heavy cream
10 ounces baby spinach (about 12 cups)
- Cook pasta as directed on the package. Drain it and then put it back on pot.
- Take a skillet and melt butter on medium heat. Add ½ tsp salt, leeks and ¼ tsp pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes with occasional stirring.
- Now stir in lemon zest and shrimp and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add cream and ½ tsp salt in pasta in pot and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on a medium heat.
- Now toss shrimp mixture and spinach well and serve.