1 pound shucked clams
3 cups clam juice
3 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup butter
2 onions, diced
2 large stalks celery, chopped, with leaves
1 (15 ounce) can fingerling potatoes, drained and quartered
3 tablespoons dried dill weed
2 tablespoons ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 pinch cayenne pepper
2 drops hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®), or to taste
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Take a pot and boil shucked clams, clam juice, and chicken stock on medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take a skillet and melt butter. Stir in celery and onion. Cook for 2 minutes and then add other vegetables.
- Mix onion and potato mixture into clams. Add seasoning and hot pepper sauce.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with parsley sprinkled over.