- 4 ounces daikon (Japanese white radish) or white turnip, peeled, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 English hothouse cucumber, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup plain 2% fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- of cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 bunches collard greens, center ribs and stems removed, leaves cut into 1-inch strips (about 14 cups)
- 4 6-ounce pieces skin-on salmon fillets
- 2 red radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Sherry vinegar
prep: 30 min total: 45 min
Preheat oven to 350°. Squeeze excess liquid from daikon and cucumber. Mix with yogurt, lemon juice, mint, and cayenne in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Set the raita aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, just until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add collard greens to pot, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, 10-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Season fish with salt and pepper; cook skin side down until skin is crisp, 5-8 minutes. Transfer to oven (do not turn fish); roast until opaque in the center, about 4 minutes.
Add radishes and vinegar to collard greens; season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Divide greens, salmon, and reserved raita among plates.