1 (14.75 ounce) can salmon
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, chopped
2/3 cup cracker crumbs
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon dry mustard
3 tablespoons shortening
- Drain salmon and reserve its ¾ of liquid. Flake meat.
- Take a saucepan and melt butter on medium heat. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Take a bowl and mix onions with reserved liquid, 1/3 of cracker crumbs, eggs, parsley, mustard and salmon. Mix well.
- Shape batter into 6 patties and coat them in remaining cracker crumbs.
- Melt shortenings in a skillet on medium heat and fry patties until these are brown on each side.