2 pounds ground beef (85-percent lean)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
6 slices Swiss cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 ounces chopped baby bella or cremini mushrooms
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 yeasty buns
- Preheat grill on a medium heat.
- Form beef for 6 burgers and season.
- To make glaze, take a bowl and mix soy sauce, sugar and mustard.
- Grill burgers for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Brush with glaze in the middle.
- Top with cheese and grill for a minute more.
- Take a skillet and heat oil on medium heat. Cook mushrooms for 5 minutes. Add thyme, garlic and seasoning. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Toast buns and serve with mushroom topping.