1/2 cup butter
1 finely chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup sliced carrots
1/2 pound fresh sliced mushrooms
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
6 cups chicken broth
2 cups cooked wild rice
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup slivered almonds
3 tablespoons dry sherry
2 cups half-and-half
- Take a saucepan and melt butter on medium heat.
- Stir in onion, celery and carrots and cook for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth. Boil and then reduce heat. Simmer.
- Now add rice, chicken, salt, curry powder, mustard powder, parsley, ground black pepper, almonds and sherry.
- Pour half and half and simmer for 1 to 2 hours.