3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 large onions, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 pound lean ground beef
1/2 pound beef stew meat, diced into 1 inch pieces
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
1/2 pound dry kidney beans
2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Take a saucepan and heat oil on medium heat. Cook bell pepper and onion for few minutes.
- Add garlic, ground beef and stew meat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Now add tomatoes, beef broth and kidney beans and boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder, Italian seasoning, salt and brown sugar.
- Simmer for 2 hours, uncovered.