1/2 pound fully cooked lobster meat or 1 (2 1/2 pound) live lobster
1/2 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely diced
1/4 cup bottled mayonnaise
1/2 tablespoon fresh tarragon
2 small scallions, thinly sliced
Kosher or sea salt
Freshly ground pepper
2 to 3 New England-style hot dog buns
2 to 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
Pickles and potato chips as accompaniment
- Prepare lobster salad. Boil lobster if using. With cleaver crack and separate meat from body.
- Cut the meat into dices.
- Drain cucumber for 5 minutes.
- Take a bowl and mix lobster, cucumber mayonnaise, and tarragon. Add scallions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with wrap and chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Take a skillet and lightly butter.
- Fry buns each side for 2 minutes.
- Stuff buns with chilled lobster salad.
- Garnish with potato chips and pickles.