3 cups long grain white rice
6 cups water
3/4 cup butter
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 pound crawfish tails
2 tablespoons canned tomato sauce
1 cup water, or as needed
6 green onions, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, or to taste
- Take a saucepan and boil rice in water.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in skillet on medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for a minute.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water, and crawfish tails. Simmer.
- Now add green onions and season with salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning.
- Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes
- Serve over hot cooked rice.