1 egg, beaten
1 cup buttermilk
One 3-pound chicken, cut into 6 pieces
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground oregano
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried marjoram
1 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons salt
2 Tablespoons paprika
1 Tablespoon onion salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 Tablespoons Accent (MSG seasoning)
1 can lard (or one 3-pound can Crisco), enough to cover chicken in fryer (see Secret Recipe Tips below)
- Take a bowl and mix buttermilk and egg.
- Soak chicken pieces in it.
- Take another bowl and mix flour with all herbs and spices.
- Coat chicken in seasoned flour.
- Fry chicken in pressure fryer at 365 F, for 8 to 10 minutes.