2 tablespoons lemon-flavored olive oil, plus more as needed
2 cups Israeli couscous
1/4 cup shelled unsalted roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
2 1/4 cups hot water
Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
6 dried Turkish apricots, chopped
2 scallions, sliced
- Take a sauce pan and heat oil on medium heat.
- Add pistachios and couscous. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Add water, and seasoning. Boil on high heat and then simmer on low heat, covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and add scallions and apricots. Adjust seasoning as per your taste.
- Transfer hot mixture into bowl and sprinkle some lemon oil, if you want.