1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 large potatoes (boiled)
1 onion, chopped
2 green chilies, very finely chopped
3 tablespoons oil
1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, grated
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
1⁄2 lemon, juice of
1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- Take a bowl and mix flour, salt and oil. Add little water and knead soft dough.
- Cover dough with moist cloth and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Beat and knead dough on a flat surface and then cover again. Set aside.
- Take a saucepan on medium heat and cook ginger, garlic, green chilies and coriander seeds for 1 minute. Add onions and sauté for a minute.
- Add cilantro, lemon juice, turmeric, salt, garam masala, and red chilies. Stir fry for 2 minutes. Set aside and let it cool.
- Make 10 equal small balls from dough.
- Using riddle, roll a dough ball into 5 inches oval. Cut it into two halves.
- Run a moist finger along the diameter and roll around to make a cone.
- Put some filling into cone and seal the third side.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet and fry samosas until they are golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or any of your favorite dip.