1/4 C dried shiitake mushrooms
2 Tbsp peanut oil
1 carrot peeled and cut into julienne strips,
1 C chestnut or brown mushrooms wiped and thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1/2 tsp dried crushed chilies
5 C chicken stock
1C boneless chicken or pork
1/2 C thinly sliced fresh tofu (optional)
2-3 scallions finely sliced diagonally
1-2 tsp sugar
3 Tbsp vinegar
2 Tbsp soy sauce
salt and pepper
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 large egg
2tsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Take a small bowl and place shiitake mushrooms in it. Fill bowl with water and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Slowly extract mushrooms from water. Remove their stems. Thinly slice and set aside.
- Take a skillet and heat oil on medium heat. Stir in carrots and fry for 2-3 minutes. Now add garlic, chilies and chestnut mushrooms. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and boil. Remove any foam.
- Now add chicken or pork, tofu, scallions, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, and shiitake mushrooms in it and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes, with frequent stirring.
- Add seasoning.
- Make a paste of cornstarch and 1 tbsp water and beat it in soup. Boil the soup and simmer till it becomes thickened.
- Beat egg in seas am oil and add in soup slowly. Lastly, add chopped cilantro.