HOME Forums How We Look and Feel Workout Secrets

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Veronica 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Workout Secrets

• Veronica
    Participant
    Veronica

It is very challenging for many to get in the good habit of physical fitness and eating right, especially when our country produces more “junk food” than we can handle! It takes more dedication, desire and commitment to bypass those thoughts and bring yourself to a conclusion: I SIMPLY CAN DO THIS! It is very tricky to get started and follow through. You will need a full circle of support and positive people/energy around you. Reach out to those who make you feel better and rely on their love and support; it really will change your life for the better.

Secret #1: Get up early.

There is something very special about the dawn, the sun rising and a breeze coming right at you; it’s priceless. Use time changes to your advantage. When you turn your clock back at the end of Daylight Savings Time, set your alarm for one hour earlier than usual, which will actually be your normal wake-up time. Be sure to go to bed early, so you don’t feel the lack of sleep. It is very important to keep this habit so you are up to the challenge. As time goes by you will notice that you are ahead of everything. Don’t be discouraged if you didn’t run the first couple of days or didn’t burn any calories, this is a REAL LIFE STYLE CHANGE FOR YOU. Doing this daily will improve your health and habits through time. If the changes don’t show today, then tomorrow; if it’s not tomorrow then it’s next week or next month etc. The key element here is to keep a positive healthy routine. You can and you “WILL” do it. Trust me, I’ve been there!

Secret #2: Quantity Vs. Quality

Nutrition is very important when it comes to losing weight and to getting back in shape! One of the biggest mistakes that we make is that we are always avoiding reading labels. You might be surprised to find out that a small portion of certain foods have a large number of calories so make sure you read labels every time you are about to eat something. Or you can go with this suggestion: If it’s in a wrapper, don’t eat it. I would like to believe that anything growing out of a farm could be better. Get into the habit of buying fresh fruit and vegetables and make yourself some homemade meals. They are healthier, and cost less in the long run.

Secret #3: Avoid sugar

Why is sugar bad? I am glad you asked. Sugar contains no essential nutrients and is bad for your teeth. High in fructose, which can overload your liver and cause non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and diabetes; it is also highly addictive. Sugar is a leading contributor to obesity in both children and adults. You might also wonder about heart disease, which is also often caused by sugar! Secret #4: Don’t overdo it. Small but steady changes are a must! I’ve seen many people overdo it, go to the extreme, and lose a LOT of weight before gaining it all back quickly. Remember, it is more of a lifestyle and habit change than a quick fix!

Please like and share to inform others. xoxo <3 V.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2016 Human Diaries: Inspirational, Uplifting Stories & More. All Rights Reserved.