HOME Forums How We Look and Feel What’s For Breakfast?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Katia Rowling 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

What’s For Breakfast?

• Human Diaries
    Keymaster
    Human Diaries

We sometimes get in a rut with breakfast. What are some new and interesting, yet nutritional breakfast ideas? – Human Diaries

Veronica
    Participant
    Veronica

My favorite breakfasts are eggs, cereal, or toast. I like oatmeal. Eggs are good on english muffins.

Veronica

Katia Rowling
    Participant
    Katia Rowling

I like those breakfast casseroles, with eggs, potatoes, bacon, cheese… they can be made ahead of time, and then just reheated in the morning.

I’ve also tried those little things you make in the muffin pans – you can line each place with bacon, sausage, ham, or some sort of bread (bread, flour tortilla, those poppin fresh dough things), then add eggs and whatever other filling you want in them. Just make sure to use liners or grease the pans – some of mine ended up sticking in there.

Boiled eggs work well, too.

I also have made hot cereal such as oatmeal in batches that just need to be warmed up in the morning. I don’t like instant oatmeal, and the other kind takes a while. I’ve even been eating the whole or cut oats instead of the rolled ones. They’re better in my opinion – they have more substance to them, and are better for you. They just take even longer than the whole rolled oats. It’s worth it, but so much easier to do ahead of time and just re-heat!

I love the idea of making things ahead of time because I don’t like getting up early enough to spend time on making something for breakfast – heat, eat, and go is best!

Not as healthy, but I also sometimes make extra french toast or pancakes for a quick heat and eat breakfast.

In the summer, I like to have some cottage cheese or yogurt some mornings.

Katia

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2016 Human Diaries: Inspirational, Uplifting Stories & More. All Rights Reserved.