HOME Forums The 411 Drains

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Suellen 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Drains

• Suellen
    Participant
    Suellen

A few years ago, I heard you can use baking soda and vinegar to unclog your drains. I decided to try it – I like the idea of something that’s not dangerous. As long as you do it regularly, it works really well. A fringe benefit is that my kids love to help! Think about the ‘volcano’ project – it’s kind of the same thing. Kids really get a kick out of it.

We start by putting some water on to boil. Then we pour the baking soda down the drain. Then we dump in a cup of vinegar and watch the fun! Warning – sometimes the gunk from the drain will come up into the sink or tub, and it’s kind of disgusting. Don’t worry, though – it will rinse back down. Anyway, once the bubbling stops, pour some boiling (or almost boiling) water down the drain. It will help clear out anything that’s left.

Do this every few months, or whenever the drain starts to get a little slow. It’s not very expensive, and you don’t have to worry about ventilation or anyone getting sick from chemicals. Also, it won’t harm your pipes.

Suellen

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2016 Human Diaries: Inspirational, Uplifting Stories & More. All Rights Reserved.