HOME Forums The 411 Better and Safer Ways to Clean

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Katia Rowling 4 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Better and Safer Ways to Clean

• Suellen
    Participant
    Suellen

There are many better and safer ways to clean other than using vinegar and baking soda for unclogging drains. I use vinegar and/or baking soda for many different cleaning chores. Either one of them is good for cutting grease. I sprinkle baking soda on the stove top after cooking with oil. It soaks up the oil, and makes it much easier to wipe it clean. It’s also a great way to clean your teeth. Add a little on top of your toothpaste, and it will clean and whiten your teeth, and helps to keep your gums healthy. It also freshens breath. You can use it to clean up a raw egg that is accidentally dropped on the floor – just cover the egg and let it dry it up, and it is much easier to clean up. Vinegar is wonderful for cleaning windows. It also safely kills weeds.

Not only are these items safer than the chemical counterparts, they’re also less expensive!

Suellen

Katia Rowling
    Participant
    Katia Rowling

Hydrogen peroxide is also an amazing, inexpensive, safe cleaning product! It’s great to get stains such as blueberry out of clothing. It also works on blood. That’s why they made oxiclean – it uses the same principle. I’ve heard that some people mix it with things like Dawn to get out old, set in stains, but I haven’t had the chance to try that yet.

Katia

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2016 Human Diaries: Inspirational, Uplifting Stories & More. All Rights Reserved.