2 lbs. beef stew meat
2 tbsp. butter
1 onion, sliced thin
4-5 potatoes, sliced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 c. half and half
8 oz. carton sour cream
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
4 1/2 oz. sliced mushrooms
- Pre heat oven at 350 F.
- Put meat in a bowl and season with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Sauté meat in butter with onions on a medium heat.
- Drain mushrooms and reserve liquid, add enough water.
- Put mushrooms and this liquid into meat. Boil and then simmer on low heat for an hour.
- Grease baking pan. Place potatoes on meat.
- Now mix soup, half and half, sour cream, salt and pepper in a bowl and pour this over potatoes. Add some cheese.
- Bake for an hour. Then sprinkle crackers crumbs and again bake for 30 minutes.