1/2 cup butter
2 medium leeks, sliced
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 (14.5-oz.) can chicken broth
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 1/2 cups frozen cubed hash browns with onions and peppers
1 cup matchstick carrots
1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 (17.3-oz.) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
1 large egg
- Preheat oven at 375 F.
- Take a skillet and melt butter on medium heat. Add leeks and cook for 3 minutes. Now add flour and cook with constant stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add in chicken broth and boil. Remove from heat.
- Add in chicken and next 5 ingredients
- Roll each pastry on a floured surface, into rectangular shape.
- Fit one sheet into deep dish pie plate. Then put fillings into it. Place another pastry sheet over and fold edges inwards.
- Take a bowl and beat egg with 1 tbsp water. Brush it over on top of pie.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes and cool for 15 minutes before serving.