3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast
Pinch of Salt and pepper
4 canned chipotle chiles, seeded and minced
1 can stewed tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
16 corn tortillas
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
5 canned whole green chiles, seeded and coarsely chopped
1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce, canned
2 teaspoons cumin powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon Mexican Spice Blend
1 red onion, chopped
1 cup shredded Cheddar and Jack cheeses
Garnish: chopped cilantro leaves, chopped scallions, sour cream, chopped tomatoes
1. Warm up some oil in a large pan.
2. Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, and Mexican spices. Brown the chicken in the pan, about 7 minutes per side or until no longer pink inside. Remove chicken and place on a plate.
3. Put onion and garlic in the pan where the chicken was cooked. Sauté until tender. Add corn, chilies, and canned tomatoes. Mix well and sauté for about two minutes.
4. Using two forks, shred the chicken into strips; then return to the pan.
5. Sprinkle a little flour over the entire mixture to thicken.
6. Warm the tortillas in a microwave for about 30 seconds.
7. Put a thin layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom of the 13×9 pans.
8. Put about ¼ C of the chicken mixture in each tortilla, and roll slightly. Place in pan with the seam side down. Once they’re all in there, cover with the remaining enchilada sauce and then the cheese.
9. Bake at 350 until cheese melts; about 15 minutes. Garnish with cilantro, scallion, sour cream, and tomatoes as desired.
10. Serve with beans and rice.
Photo credits: Emily