6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
1/4 cup canola oil, divided
1 medium onion, sliced
4 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
2 celery ribs, sliced
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt, optional
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
1. Take a skillet and cook chicken in oil on medium heat for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Set aside.
2. In the same skillet, mix onions, tomatoes, celery, water, olives, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Boil.
3. Cover the skillet and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Return chicken back into it and again simmer, but uncovered, for 15 minutes.
5. Now add mushrooms and simmer for 15 minutes.