3 red bell peppers, seeded and halved
3 yellow squash (about 1 pound total), sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick rectangles
3 zucchini (about 12 ounces total), sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick rectangles
3 Japanese eggplant (12 ounces total), sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick rectangles
12 cremini mushrooms
1 bunch (1-pound) asparagus, trimmed
12 green onions, roots cut off
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Heat grill pan on medium heat.
- Brush vegetables with oil to slightly coat. Season.
- In batches, grill vegetables like this:
- 7 minutes yellow squash, mushrooms, egg plants and zucchini
- 10 minutes bell pepper
- 4 minutes green onions and asparagus
- Take a bowl and mix remaining oil with balsamic vinegar, parsley, garlic, basil and rosemary. Add seasoning.
- Sprinkle this mixture over vegetables.